Arrows fall at home
Sullivan showed improvement, but came out on the wrong end of a 5-0 score to visiting South Vermillion in a high school boys tennis match on Tuesday.
The Golden Arrows slipped to 0-2.
“Most of the boys played better and won a few games in today’s match,” said Sullivan coach Jeff Lookebill. “Most of the newer players are learning to play doubles, which is tough. Their net play and strategy is new to them, but they are picking it up.
“The level of play in the lineup is so close. Some adjustments may be made to see who fits into the best spots.”
Sullivan will play at 5 p.m. Thursday at Terre Haute North.
South Vermillion 5, Sullivan 0.
1. Bryce Gilman (SV) d. Kegan Meng (S), 6-0, 6-2
2. Baylee Cinnotto (SV) d. Braden Cagle (S), 6-3, 6-0
3. South Vermillion won by forfeit
1. Spencer Lewis-Brody Magee (SV) d. Jared Couch-Scott Foster (S). 6-1, 6-2
2. Blake Boatman-Cayden Santos (SV) d. Carter Trowbridge-Noah Kincaid (S). 6-0, 6-0.