Dugger Union Community School Board schedules eLearning days
The addition of eLearning days to the current school calendar was part of the business at hand during the brief Dugger Union Community School Board meeting on Monday.
Jr./Sr. High School Administrator Darin Simpson explained that the school will send students home with packets for eLearning days. He also noted that guidelines for eLearning days are still being worked out.
The board approved the following eLearning days for the current school calendar: Feb. 3, Feb. 17 and May 8.
During the meeting, School Board President Gina Lovelace provided a financial update. She explained that the school's operating funds are currently at $840,439 and that extra-curricular activity funds are at $24,599.
At the meeting, they announced that a total of $1,294 in donations have been received in honor of the late Joe Smith.
In other business:
· Fall Break is scheduled for Friday through Tuesday.
· The board approved Jessica Deschamp as a Jr./Sr. High aide.
· The board approved field trips for Jr. Beta to French Lick on Nov. 1 and a Junior High good conduct party to the Linton Skating Rink on Dec. 4.
· A special education procedure policy was approved by the board.
· Enrollment count day submission totaled 501 students.
· A new phone system will be installed during Fall Break.
· The school received a safety grant to fund a new doorbell system.
· The next regular monthly meeting of the school board will be Nov. 11 at 7 p.m. in the school cafeteria.