SHS netters win 4-1
Sullivan High School boys tennis team keeps improving. The Golden Arrows defeated visiting South Knox 4-1 on Wednesday afternoon.
Sullivan improved to 4-11, eclipsing their win total of last year.
“It was great to get a win on senior night,” said SHS coach Wes Kirk. “Noah Kincaid and Jared Couch have given a lot to this program over the last four years.
“I wish them the best of luck in all their future endeavors.”
Houston Ferree, Scott Fusco and Drew Baker won at singles while the No. 1 doubles team of Couch and Koby Wood also won.
Hunter Pirtle won the only JV match.
“Scott struggled, made some adjustments and came back and won. That was good to see,” he said. “I thought Houston and Drew also had great shot selection and placement.”
Sullivan will host Linton at 5 p.m. Monday.
Sullivan 4, South Knox 1
1. Houston Ferree, S, d. Nathan Robbins, SK, 7-5, 6-2
2. Scott Fusco, S, d. Caleb Cunningham, SK, 6-0, 3-6, 6-4
3. Drew Baker, S, d. Nathan Ruppel, SK, 6-4, 6-1.
1. Jared Couch/Koby Wood, S, d. Trevor Lough/Jared Fuller, SK, 6-3, 6-0
2. Tom Schmidt/Noah Hayden, SK, d. Noah Kincaid/Dillon Grubb, S, 6-4, 6-0
Sullivan 1, Owen Valley 0
Hunter Pirtle, S, won